Birko Helps Country Fresh Meet Fresh-Cut Produce Safety Standards
HENDERSON, Colo. – Birko, a leading provider of antimicrobial process aids and sanitation chemistry to the produce industry, has partnered with Country Fresh LLC to provide food safety solutions for the company’s fresh-cut produce and ready-to-eat meal solutions.
Birko supplies Country Fresh with a complete suite of chemistry to control pathogens in its processing facilities, including:
- Birkoside MP-2™ — A peroxyacetic acid (PAA) based formulation shown effective against Listeria
- Liquik® 5 — A mild general purpose cleaner approved by the USDA for use as a cleaning agent on all surfaces
- Foam Chlor 535™ — A liquid formulation designed for use as a heavy-duty, self-foaming, chlorinated cleaner
- Liquik® 30 — An environmentally neutral self-foaming, general-purpose liquid
- Quadra Quat™ — An EPA-registered sanitizer/disinfectant
“Birko understands what we need for our food safety program,” said Barbara A. Hulick, director of food safety for Country Fresh LLC, Houston. “Their service and reliability is matched with technical expertise and trained personnel.”
Birko is a leading provider of food safety solutions to the meat, produce and beverage industries. Birko manufactures concentrated chemical formulations used in plant cleaning and sanitation, as well as antimicrobial interventions used to reduce pathogens from the manufacturing process of food. Birko’s equipment division, Chad Equipment, LLC, designs and manufactures chemical dispensing systems and state-of-the-art washing systems as well as equipment used for food safety protection in meat processing. Founded in 1953, Birko is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and was awarded Supplier of the Century by the National Meat Association. birkocorp.com
About Country Fresh LLC
Country Fresh LLC is one of the country’s largest producers, distributors, and marketers of fresh-cut produce and ready-to-eat meal solutions. Privately held, Country Fresh LLC was founded in 1999 and now has five locations across the U.S. For more information, visit www.countryfreshinc.com.