Produce & Fresh Cut Services
Fruits. Vegetables. Leafy greens. Produce safety, it’s what we do. And we’re trusted by produce companies to provide a level of customer care that is second to none. From fresh cut, IQF, packer/shipper or processing, or we can help your facility develop the procedures and processes necessary for a sanitation program that protects your brand.
The proper sanitary design of facilities and processing equipment is fundamental to preventing and controlling Listeria and other pathogens in fresh produce processing, and poor sanitary design is a major reason why persistent Listeria contamination can be so hard to eliminate.
An original member of the International HACCP Alliance, Birko can help you develop a sanitation program for your facility, and meet the regulatory requirements of the FSMA, as well as certification requirements of the Safe Quality Food Institute, the British Retail Consortium, and others.
Contact Birko for:
- A team of trained, certified experts – Experienced microbiologists, chemists, technical sales representatives, engineers and food safety professionals are available to work directly with you for the custom solution your facility requires. HACCP, SQF, PCQI, and BRC certified professionals; you name it, we have them on our team.
- In-plant consultations – Want a professional, third-party evaluation of your sanitation operations? Contact us for a complimentary “SWAT” review, the most robust sanitation and process assessment available.
- Every detail of your cleaning and sanitation process, from SSOPs and interventions to laundry and wastewater, is analyzed.
- A summary of custom tailored findings and recommendations is provided to help you identify risks, increase cleaning efficacy, and reduce costs.
- Employee Training – Ready to tackle biofilm buildup or inadequate drain cleaning in your facility? We not only identify best practices, we’ll train your team to implement and maintain repeatable, documented sanitation procedures that help ensure a safe product.
- Custom Equipment – Interested in equipment custom crafted for your facility with sanitary design in mind? Designing and building innovative products for over 40 years, Birko’s equipment experts can help you build or upgrade your facility with efficiency, safety and sanitary design in mind.
- Design and build – work with our engineers to design and build equipment specific for your facility. Our engineers understand sanitary design and can help you upgrade your equipment and facility. Interested in learning more about sanitary design?
- Installation – All equipment is delivered, installed and calibrated by our trained and experienced installation team. Typical installation takes place on a weekend so your production schedule isn’t interrupted. And, we’re onsite for start-up to ensure a fully operational line.
- Service – In-plant maintenance and regular replacement of wearable parts are included in our ongoing commitment to the success of your operation. Schedule routine maintenance at four-month, six-month or other regular interval, at times that work for your production schedule. A full and detailed trip report is provided after each visit.
- Support – Need emergency service, special parts, or recommendations for an equipment/chemical combination, we’re just a phone call away.
- Customization – Listeria monocytogenes become resident in your facility? Want more insight into your chemical usage and cleaning protocols and assistance unbundling your sanitation cleaner from your chemical supplier? Every facility is unique. Birko’s food safety specialists and custom equipment engineers can help you build programs that save you money, time and resources.
We are your partner in food safety. In fact, our people and services are why companies choose us and remain loyal customers, year after year. Hear what some of our customers are saying about us.