HENDERSON, Colo. – Birko, a leading provider of antimicrobial process aids and sanitation chemistry to the produce industry, has been named a silver sponsor for the 2013 CPS Produce Research Symposium, June 25-26 in Rochester, N.Y.
The Symposium is produced by the Center for Produce Safety at the University of California, Davis. It will feature sessions on produce food safety, including fighting common pathogens such as Listeria and E. coli.
Birko carries a complete line of antimicrobial interventions, sanitizers and other products effective in fighting Listeria in produce operations including:
- Birkoside™ MP-2, a fast acting PAA-based antimicrobial intervention shown effective against Listeria
- Veggiexide™, a broad spectrum organic acid-based antimicrobial for direct application to produce during processing
- Ultra Quat™, an EPA registered 10% active four-way quaternary ammonium sanitizer, for use on processing equipment and food contact surfaces
- Birk-Ox™, an EPA-registered 5.6% active peracetic acid liquid post-rinse sanitizer for previously cleaned surfaces
- Pow-Quat™ floor cleaner, an anti-slip agent which aids in maintaining clean floors and drains
- Algae Guard™ Quat Blocks, which help control microbial growth in cooling unit condensate drain pans
Birko’s equipment division, Chad Equipment, LLC, designs and manufactures chemical dispensing systems and state-of-the-art washing systems, including the Antimicrobial Spray System. This automatic mixing system supplies Birkoside™ MP-2 or Veggiexide™, powerful antimicrobials for produce, to the Chad Conveyorized Spray System for application at scientifically validated operating parameters including pressure, flow and temperature. Together the automatic mixing system and conveyorized spray system make up the Antimicrobial Spray System.
Birko is a leading provider of food safety solutions to the meat, produce and beverage industries. Birko manufactures concentrated chemical formulations used in plant cleaning and sanitation, as well as antimicrobial interventions used to reduce pathogens from the manufacturing process of food. Birko’s equipment division, Chad Equipment, LLC, designs and manufactures chemical dispensing systems and state-of-the-art washing systems as well as equipment used for food safety protection in meat processing. Founded in 1953, Birko is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and was awarded Supplier of the Century by the National Meat Association. birkocorp.com